Shed door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased a shed which we have built and is satisfactory up until attaching the door with hinges. There are 4 screw holes that should attach the hinge to the door but only 1 will make direct contact. The other three screws will have a gap of around 8mm before making contact with the cladding, never mind the frame behind. I am assured by the firm’s. Customer Services this is normal and they do ‘t Make the door for that shed anymore. I am not convinced - opinions welcome! Here are some pics:
Context

Attachments

Reaction score
The original arrangement looks very unsatisfactory.
It all seems a bit flimsy. Looks as it wouldn't keep the rain out.
If it were my shed, I'd make a proper frame for the door. There needs to be a rebate on the side where the door closes.
Easily done. Make a frame, hang the door to the frame, then screw the frame to the shed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for your response. It is most unsatisfactory in my view as a 71year old know-nothing retired lady it doesn’t make sense to me that 3 out of 4 screws don’t screw in. Thank you for making me feel better. My grandson will make some wedges. Best

Reaction score
It certainly needs re-inforcing and rot-proofing,

I've never had a store-bought shed.

I made this out of reclaimed timber, roofing ply and some reclaimed wooden window, originally for our 8 year-old daughter's rabbits.
It's been my garden shed for decades. There's no rot and it's now 46 years old.

P1000690.JPG

Ask a Question