Ryobi R18I-0 ONE+ Inflator - Poor Quality

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a lot of Ryobi One+ tools and until recently I've been a big fan of them. I bought the One+ air compressor (Ryobi R18I-0 ONE+ Inflator) from Amazon a few years ago, but until recently I haven't had much use for it. It's probably only had 15 mins use in it's entire life.

With hindsight, I suspect it was faulty from the start, as it struggled to pump a tyre up to the correct pressure (which I put down to the fact this tyre had a slow puncture). However, when I tried to use it this week it sounds like something internally has jammed.

I had a look inside and the gear mechanism is so sloppy and has a lot of play. The gears are worn in places already, even after such a short amount of use.

Sadly, the inflator is a bit outside of the warranty period - however I contacted Ryobi anyway, to see if there were any out of warranty repair options. Over 2 weeks later and I've still not heard anything from them, even with me chasing it up a couple of times. I'm really disappointed in them, as I had been impressed with the One+ tool range until now.

Ask a Question