Rising Damp?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Forum

I was looking to do a bit of pointing when the weather gets better but on closer inspection the conservatory wall doesn't look too healthy. Ive attached a few pictures does it look like I have got rising damp therefore any cement I patch up would be pointless?

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's hard to tell from the pictures - it could just be some render or concrete on the bricks from some work in previous years. Can you tell if the white stuff is salt crystals? If it seems to be salt then it's likely you have water travelling up from the ground carrying salt with it. I would move the concrete slabs away from the bricks so there is more space and make sure that the pebbles are not pilled up against the brick - there should be nothing over the level of the. You are supposed to have a small amount of clear space at the base of your house - if things like soil, paving or gravel are piled up with no space water can travel over them and into your bricks above the damp proof course.

Ask a Question