Retrofit thermal cutoff in electric baseboard. Thermal switch suggestions?

Reaction score
I have two old electric baseboards, which have been working well for the past 30 years. Both are 240V. I'd like to put a thermal cutoff (bread toasters and clothes dryers come to mind) that can handle 240V & at least 10 Amps. I'd like the cutoff to be 210 degrees fahrenheit. I've had a pillow scorched on one of my electric baseboards this winter. The other baseboard is next to a baby's crib. The crib location is very recent, as I renovated my old shop and tool room (I 've never had a garage) into a new bedroom, adding a built-in closet. Tools and stuff went down to the boiler room. The Cadet SoftHeat line of electric baseboards have a 210 degree thermal cutoff, but I was hoping to save close to $400 on two of them simply by retrofitting thermal cutoffs into my old baseboards. Dryer thermal switches are easy to find, but cutoff temps are too low. The beefier cutoffs I've found are in pdf catalogs from distributors, but I need retail since I'm not a contractor.

Ask a Question