Baffle Retrofit

Reaction score
I have just finished removing as much insulation as I can reach in our very low pitched roofed attic.
With 12 inch planks {supports?} running the length of the attic on either side I'm unable to access the edges to put in baffles for venting.
I plan on blowing insulation in but don't want to cover up the soffit vents.
Has anybody retrofitted baffles through the fascia?
If so, how? I'm new to this roofing game.
I realize I'll need to remove gutters to do this and will since much of the wood covering the fascia is rotted out and needs replacing.
Thank you to anyone with any ideas.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I am going to let someone with insulation experience answer your question but Ijust wanted to caution you to examine your roof sheeting carefully. Often times the same moisture that caused the soffit rot will also cause the perimeter of the sheeting to rot.
Good luck.

Reaction score
A new roof went on a month ago.
I'll work on replacing the rotten boards when it dries up a bit. (I'm in Seattle - a place of perpetual winter moisture)

I'm just hoping there is a way to sneak in the baffle channels while their open. Otherwise I fear I'll have to pry up the 2 foot deep eaves which feels a bit daunting but if that what needs to happen. ...

Reaction score
Sure thing.
Here is the inside of the attic. I have not figured a way around the horizontal board to sneak a baffle vent channel in.
The second is of the fascia board and eaves through which may offer a possible route.
atticA.jpg
fascia_eavesA.jpg

Ask a Question