Replacement Wall Oven Wiring

Reaction score
Hello, I have read a few threads similar to mine but I just want to post photos of my situation before I rewire my replacement wall oven. Just making sure that I can't reuse what is in the wall. I am replacing a wall oven with a 2013 Kenmore 780.4878. This is a 1969 home, previous oven was not the original, probably a late 80s model. I'll attach a photo of the newer oven plate. I'll also attach photos of what wires are in the wall and the oven. Pertinent areas of the manual attached. I suspect that I may need to run new wire, maybe 10 gauge wire with 3 wires plus ground. The oven is currently on a 40 amp breaker, that also sounds high and could be switched out. But, I'm a bit confused by the oven plate saying "3 wire ac only", but I assume that means 3 wires plus the ground for a total of 4? Also, reading the NEC code seems to suggest that an uninsulated ground may be ok? The previous oven had the neuatral and ground from the oven connected to the bare ground. My panel does not have a separate bar for neutrals and grounds, but they are combined. Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.

oven.jpg panel.jpg wires.jpg wires 2.jpg manual1.jpg manual2.jpg manual3.jpg manual4.jpg

Ask a Question