Repair or replace bridge type kitchen faucet.

Reaction score
My kitchen faucet has been leaking for some time--the leak is coming from where the faucet meets the bridge (see photo--circled in green). I finally found a replacement faucet that won't break the bank that is a bridge type one that will fit in the holes already drilled.

While looking at the new faucet, I noticed there is an area where a hex key could fit and then look on the back of the current faucet and noticed there was also a hex key.

I had posted about year ago in a design forum looking for new faucets and someone mentioned there could be a faulty o-ring that needs replacement, but I didn't see how the faucet would come apart. I think it may be an expensive Waterworks faucet, but I am not the original owner so it wouldn't be under warranty. Maybe it is better quality than the Pfister I bought to replace? https://www.pfisterfaucets.com/kitchen/product/port-haven-bridge-kitchen-faucet-gt31-tdc

Would you repair or replace this? What can I use to get the water deposits off the faucet and slate countertop?

home-design.jpg

Reaction score
Was just cleaning off the mineral deposits caked onto the faucet and came across the brand Dorn Bracht. Is anyone familiar with it?

Reaction score
You need to make your mind up what you want to do.
Would you be happy with the one you bought, or rather repair the existing one?
If it's the latter, contact the supplier and ask them how to change the "O ring."

Ask a Question