Removing ceiling spotlight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot work out how to remove the bulb from this plastic light fitting. Have tried the suction tool but it doesn’t budge. Have tried pulling the fitting out of the recess. It comes out about 20 mm. Don’t want to force it any further. Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
most spotlights are held in by tensioned clamps. As you pull the light out the tension tightens until it pops out. This is where the resistance is coming from. The two clamps are visible either side of the cylindrical base as you pull it out. When they are visible you need to hold them in as you pull the rest of the light out. Hope this helps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
most spotlights are held in by tensioned clamps. As you pull the light out the tension tightens until it pops out. This is where the resistance is coming from. The two clamps are visible either side of the cylindrical base as you pull it out. When they are visible you need to hold them in as you pull the rest of the light out. Hope this helps
Thanks very much. Once I had the confidence that I wasn’t going to break something, it came out as you suggested. Now just need to find the right tool to get the lamp out of the fitting. Thanks again.

Ask a Question