Qiuck help needed

Reaction score
Hi everyone (wave)

I did intend to write a get to know you get to know me thread but I have just been told something that I really need a quick answer to so please forgive my abrupt entrance onto your board...

I am currently having my house "done up" and the electrician has just finished the wiring and is requesting payment. Everything looks OK (not that I would know different lol) but one of the girls I work with told me that the kitchen should now be on a separate circuit main switch in the electrical fuse box, she says there should be 1 fuse for the cooker and another for the plugs but the lights can stay on the same switch as the other downstairs lights. Just so you understand, she had her house required a few weeks ago and that's what they did at her house.

Anyway, my electrician hasn’t done any of that, the cooker and the plugs are just on the downstairs plugs fuse?

So I guess my question is, is this right or wrong?

Thank you for your help

Tracy

Reaction score
The coocker should be on its own breaker. You should have a coocker switch in the kitchen. Is tis guy qualified?

Reaction score
I think they are supposed to be on separate circuits. I would call your electrician and put it to him and see what he says. If he doesn't give a convincing answer then get a second opinion.

Ask a Question