Plastic vent in Whirlpool Fridge Damper

Reaction score
Hi,

My refrigerator stopped getting warm even though the freezer was working fine. I searched online and found out about ice blockages etc but while taking the items off, I realised the damper was fully closed off. This meant no cold air travelled from the freezer to the fridge. When checking if anything was wrong with the actual damper, I noticed the plastic vent that was inside it was broken. It was broken near the top part which stopped it from being moved by the motor. I can't just fully leave it open so I had to find a replacement. This costs £70 and is too expensive. If anyone could make me the small plastic piece for a small fee it would be much cheaper and all. Please let me know what I can do, other than buying the damper.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi matD!

Check the freezer fan too see if it is working properly or not.

Then check the condensor coil , that there should be no dust blockage. Check the condendor fan to see if it is running.

Check if there is frost in the freezer section them there is a problem is the defrost system and the freezer will starts to warm ultimately as well as the other section also If that is the problem you can check the defrost terminator .

You can defrost the unit by disconnecting the power and letting it sit for at least 24 hours and keep the doors open to allow the frost melt completely but it will again build in 2-3 weeks and start the warming up again.:););)

Ask a Question