Plaster on skirting boards

Reaction score
I have had my whole house plastered recently. the plaster said that it would be best to get the skirting on first! Which sounded crazy to me but he insisted thats how its done.

Anyway...the plastering is finished and now im left with plaster covered skirting boards.

I have every intention of painting the skirting boards white anyway but can anyone tell me the best way to get rid of the majority of the plaster? Im thinking sanding down but I have a whole house to do? so this could take years haha...

Also, im wondering how much the plaster will show through if it is being painted too?

Any help! :confused:

Reaction score
Hi, I can assure you that the skirting should be put on after the plastering unless the plasterer is confident to avoid skirting and leave neat. GET HIM BACK TO REMOVE PLASTER. if no joy try wetting it and rubbing with a fine abrasive paper.

Reaction score
+1 to what Steve has already said, an tradesman should know the sequence, and to leave the work unfinished (snots not removed) just compounds the issue...get him back...bosshogg:)

Reaction score
That is quite an nice effort from you, i think we should stick with skirting boards as they are more power savers.

Reaction score
If there quite big lumps a blunt paint scraper may 'pop' these bits off, smaller bits a wet sponge should do it, the paster should have really cleaned this off whilst wet as it take no effort at that stage... Good luck

Reaction score
Did you ever get the plasterer back to remove it? What best managed it? Curious to know...

Ask a Question