Plaster board filling / repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I’ve recently had a tv fitted on my wall. The electricIan didn’t repair the plaster which I want to fix. I also want to leave it tidy where the wires exit the wall.

Can someone advise the best way to fill and make good the plaster? And what products tools are needed? Also do I need to cover the wires or thread them through anything.

Any advice appreciated.

all the best,
Stuart
128A74EB-E8B6-4886-81CD-DB37B6ABF4B6.jpeg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd use a brushplate for where those cables exit the channel, but given that they're already clipped in and have plugs on the end, you may need to re-wire that plug to get the cables to fit through it:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CX435W.html (available from Wilko, Screwfix, etc.. on the highstreet too).

Shame the electrician didn't fit this in the first place, would have been much easier!

You can buy a large pot of ready-mix filler from B&Q, Screwfix, Toolstation etc... that will fill in those channels. I'd avoid the "lightweight" filler for that depth/length of channel - make sure sure you go for a filler that is labelled of working at the depth of the chase. You'll also need a spreader tool which will be sold on the same aisle. I'd personally use something like Polyfilla Deep fill to make up most of the depth (all but 2mm or so), then a fine filler or finishing plaster to go on top of this once it's fully dry (days!) to get a nice smooth, sandable finish.

Ask a Question