Painting A Toilet Bowl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Was wonder if someone can give me some advice. Anyone know how we can paint inside our toilet bowl to repair some small patches of damage?

Read somewhere that I should use Acrylic Spray Paint? we used a long metal wire to try and unblock our loo and its cause some scrapes

IMG_3494.jpg

IMG_3493.jpg

Reaction score
Hi and welcome.

To be honest, I don't think painting porcelain which will be constantly having water flow over is a practical idea, I also think it will look "dog rough."
You can get a new pan and cistern in Wickes for £47.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Guys

Was wonder if someone can give me some advice. Anyone know how we can paint inside our toilet bowl to repair some small patches of damage?

Read somewhere that I should use Acrylic Spray Paint? we used a long metal wire to try and unblock our loo and its cause some scrapes

View attachment 3214

View attachment 3215
To do it right it needs to be reglazed by a professional.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd be surprised if a piece of wire could actually seriously damage the glaze - sure it's not just black deposits? Have you tried gently rubbing with scotchbrite on the accessible marks to see what happens? Or https://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Metal-Marks-off-a-Porcelain-Toilet

If it really is buggered then it's new pan time - painting isnae gonna work.

And in future, flush more frequently, and if necessary use a toilet brush as a plunger when the bowl is full of water. Learn what level of water is safe to flush again to get the bowl to fill but not overflow - often the sheer weight of water will do the trick.

Ask a Question