New coating for a food mixer hook?

Reaction score
Country
Israel
My mixer hook coating has peeled off and I am looking for some kind of coating which is food safe.
Any recommendations?

Reaction score
Country
Israel
From looking around I understand that coating is a fairly simple task but finding a coat that is also food safe is problematic, to say the least.

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Some kind of metal. It was originally coated with black (plastic?) coating.

Reaction score
In the U.S. we used H.B. Fuller. If it is available to you contact them and tell them your application. If you have a metal finishing company in your area it would be good to talk to them.

Reaction score
Country
India
Metal coatings are coated using epoxies, that makes the surface improved with visual attractive.

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I ended up using a food safe teflon coating. The product was originally made for recoating pots and pans but worked perfectly for me.
It was a two layer solution which needed heating to about 200 degrees celius for the base layer and then 400 degrees for the upper tefoln layer. I used my home oven which goes upto 350 degrees and put the hook in the most upper part of the oven and used the grill option to add a few degrees.

Ask a Question