Garage Floor coating - epoxy paint ?

Reaction score
Country
United States
OK I need a cram course on what to put on the garage floor of a new house. the cement will be about 4-5 months old if that matters, and it will be in Florida.

The homebuilder says the epoxy floor is $3.50 Sq. Ft.. I don't know the process, but it has that confetti stuff on the tops. Since the garage is about 32 x 26 feet, the estimate is more than $2800 !!!

I don't have a budget for that. If I do this myself, it this a multiple layer coating ? How long does it take to dry, and does it really stink ? I don't want to breathe that stuff for a week. Also my wife has asthma and couldn't handle the fumes ?

I don't know what I'm talking about....if you can't tell hahahahahha

Reaction score
Country
United States
OK I need a cram course on what to put on the garage floor of a new house. the cement will be about 4-5 months old if that matters, and it will be in Florida.

The homebuilder says the epoxy floor is $3.50 Sq. Ft.. I don't know the process, but it has that confetti stuff on the tops. Since the garage is about 32 x 26 feet, the estimate is more than $2800 !!!

I don't have a budget for that. If I do this myself, it this a multiple layer coating ? How long does it take to dry, and does it really stink ? I don't want to breathe that stuff for a week. Also my wife has asthma and couldn't handle the fumes ?
garage floor coating charlotte
I don't know what I'm talking about....if you can't tell hahahahahha
thanks in advance for any help

Reaction score
Country
Canada
To do that properly, the concrete needs to be acid washed. Muriatic acid is VERY VERY toxic, and most places will not sell it to a homeowner. Notwithstanding this, Muriatic acid wash MUST be vented with fans. It is VERY dangerous. I've inhaled it before, and you can tell this is not a Home Depot product.....it's a "COMMERCIAL USE ONLY" product that the epoxy contractors should only have.

Ask a Question