New boiler needed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

With winter upon us once again and central heating boilers breaking down here's what Bron and I did to replace our untrustworthy "Ideal Isar" boiler which was so bad three years ago it was costing over £300 per year to cover breakdowns with British Gas.

I did lots of research and asking questions on forums; "Intergas" were highly recommended so we had a new Intergas combi HRE24 boiler installed by a top registered Intergas installer. Intergas boilers need installing by Intergas registered installers and ours came with a 7 year warranty which can be extended to 10 years.

https://www.intergasheating.co.uk/

Above is the YouTube video I watched but since then the boilers have been upgraded even more.

So far the boiler has been perfect requiring very few pressure top ups which is simple and quick to do. We were amazed by how cheap the whole installation took compared to what British Gas charge for installing new boilers.

We're happy with our Intergas boiler so far. :):):)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
"Horses for courses."

Maybe you were unlucky with your Ideal.

A golfing pal who is a self employed gas boiler engineer, fitted our Ideal boiler the September before last. It was his recommendation. As he said he didn't want to be coming out frequently to fix a boiier if it went wrong.

It was due an inspection under the guarantee last September, but he said not to bother. If it goes wrong then he'll be the one who needs to fix it and he'll update the record at the time. He says they only need a service every two years.

Topping it up is dead easy. Two valves on the end of the flexible filler pipe and an easily seen gauge. A ten second job. The display tells you when it needs doing. Far easier than the old Worcester.we had where you had to insert a big plastic key and turn a tiny knob.
We've a five foot tall towel rail in the bathroom. The top rail has gone bit colder a couple of times. So I've bled it and topped up the boiler when it did.

Ask a Question