My lovely modern fireplace is no more! HELP

Reaction score
i have installed a nice modern looking fire into my home.

it has a nice limestone shelf with natural rendering around it and a simple, line of fire with those fake looking firestones. all in beige.

it was great for a couple of months, but then the old soot and crap from up the chimney started to have a field day and drop like you wouldnt believe and start to mark and ruin everything in site!

as you can see from the pictures, when a recent gush of rain got in and washed the soot and crap down, it has almost reuined it all.

i need some ideas please guys. i have a makeshift plastic shelf which i keep in place when the fire is not in use to catch the rubbish falling down, but this is not very practical.

i need something to keep this sort etc out and off my expensive fireplace! i can easily re render and get the lime stone cleaned and sealed, but i need to sort this problem first before doing so.....

any ideas will be hugely appreciated.

thank you !

Attachments

Ask a Question