Making glass less transparent, tips?

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hi, I have two lamps that I want to distort in some way. I have purchased two LED lights that mimics flames. One in E27 socket and one in E14 socket.

But my wonder is for the glass itself. (Pictures provided) I want to distort these glass covers to make it less see through and in that way hide that it's a led light. I was wondering if I could "soot" the glass by having candles and burn the glass naturally in the bottom and fade up so the light is hidden but still comes through. Have also looked at spray bottles that makes frost effect on windows. But seems to be harder to get in Sweden.

Any ideas?

(The pictures: provided one picture with the hanging light with the wrong light in it atm, provided a separate picture of the big led that's going into it.)

Attachments

Reaction score
In Youtube, type 'etch glass' or 'etching glass'. There are different methods which may work for you.

Ask a Question