LimeStone Pavers & Pergola

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all..

What would be the best way to install a Pergola to Limestone patio so the pavers do not crack ? I take it a diamond bit ? But what fixings?

I was going to use a resin anchor but it seems over kill.. the aluminium pergola is only about 25lg in total.. and if I ever remove the pergola I will be left with the studs cemented in?

Help !!

Mark

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That may not be enough. With any wind load, the pergola may tear loose with the force applied by wind along its length. Leverage would do the rest.
For my pergola, I cut oblong holes in the pavers and dug down about 3 feet into the material below that. Then I cemented in headless bolts with Postcrete that goes off quickly while the bolts were held in place by a wooden former. That was 11 years ago, roses have grown around it, and we have had 60mph winds. Not a trace of movement or damage.
At the time, my neighbour thought that it was overkill, but his blew down, mine didn't!

ColinA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That may not be enough. With any wind load, the pergola may tear loose with the force applied by wind along its length. Leverage would do the rest.
For my pergola, I cut oblong holes in the pavers and dug down about 3 feet into the material below that. Then I cemented in headless bolts with Postcrete that goes off quickly while the bolts were held in place by a wooden former. That was 11 years ago, roses have grown around it, and we have had 60mph winds. Not a trace of movement or damage.
At the time, my neighbour thought that it was overkill, but his blew down, mine didn't!

ColinA
Thanks Colin,

We are pretty sheltered and the Pergola will have a fence right next to it..

I think I'm going to go with the M8 stud and resin and cross my fingers !

Ask a Question