Limescale on Black Asterite sink

Reaction score
First post and I'm already asking a question!
Had a quick search here and Google but can't find a "good to go answer" on cleaning limescale off a Black Asterite sink.
It's only about two months old and living in Oxford the water is hard. Not having much luck keeping this sink looking good and beginning to think Black wasn't the best colour.
Tried cleaning with a bleach based product, doesn't do anything, and now seen a recommendation for leaving the sink basin soaking with biological soap powder overnight. But I'm worried about making it worse.
Can anybody give me a solid recommendation for getting rid of the limescale and keeping it looking good?
Thanks in advance guys.

Reaction score
Hi,
Yes, I've come across this problem before, as you say, maybe not the best colour.
Fortunately the material is not too easily damaged.
I think you will find any limescale remover from the supermarket will do the trick, Viacal is one that comes to mind, Also Cillit Bang Grime & Lime.
Just a quick spray, leave for a while, and rinse off.

Reaction score
Hi,
Yes, I've come across this problem before, as you say, maybe not the best colour.
Fortunately the material is not too easily damaged.
I think you will find any limescale remover from the supermarket will do the trick, Viacal is one that comes to mind, Also Cillit Bang Grime & Lime.
Just a quick spray, leave for a while, and rinse off.
Many thanks for that, can I leave it on too long do you think?

Reaction score
Just do as instructed on the product, left too long it would simply dry up.

Ask a Question