Leaking drain basket

Reaction score
The drain basket of my kitchen sink is leaking and I have a tough time cleaning the surface. How do you get it fixed? Should I go for a replacement?

Reaction score
The drain basket of my kitchen sink is leaking and I have a tough time cleaning the surface. How do you get it fixed? Should I go for a replacement?
Hi Susanne, typically when the strainer basket starts to leak the gasket or plumbers putty (if used) has dried up and is starting to leak. Sometimes this occurs with age and other times the source of the leak is simply bumping into the pipes below. It's not typically too difficult a project to undertake, do you have tools? You may need an assistant to use a tool to keep the basket from spinning as you undo the nut from below the sink. Take pictures and post or do research disassembly of kitchen sink strainer for more info. The fix is to remove and replace the gasket and reseat with plumbers putty or use silicone.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sadly, @SusanneZ10 was just here to spam (she made a follow up post after your reply posting links), so I've deleted the reply and I'll close this thread :(.

Ask a Question