Lady Bugs By The Gazillion ??

Reaction score
For the past 3 Seasons come Spring when the Clocks have been Turned Ahead and the Sun rides higher in the Sky.. The Lady Bugs (Stinky & Bite) kind literaly come out of the woodwork by the gazillion.. All the Windows & Doors are sealed around the framework.. Looking for a DIY solution / concoction to remedy the situation and stem the flow ... Suggestions Apprectiated , Cheers Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have the same problem, and the only thing that worked for us was to block any problematic areas where they get in (in our case, the gaps between balcony doors). Replacing the trim was enough to slow it down significantly.

Reaction score
For the past 3 Seasons come Spring when the Clocks have been Turned Ahead and the Sun rides higher in the Sky.. The Lady Bugs (Stinky & Bite) kind literaly come out of the woodwork by the gazillion.. All the Windows & Doors are sealed around the framework.. Looking for a DIY solution / concoction to remedy the situation and stem the flow ... Suggestions Apprectiated , Cheers Thanks
We ran into this in Eastern OK and now in Northern AR. I looked on line and found they are the Asian Beetles instead of the Lady Bugs; So, they hate Lemons and Citronella. I go to Aldi and buy the Bulk open Net Bags of Lemons and place the whole bag centrally in the house. The Lemons will dehydrate all the way to dry so you will need to watch them and buy new. I keep them out all year so I don't forget. If you have a high concentration area, open the bag and slice the Lemons in half then place in or on the area. This will dehydrate the Lemon halves much faster so watch more frequently. I have seen a swarm instantly show up when I had forgotten to buy Lemons. I went to the store, bought the Lemons, split in half and placed near the swarm. They were gone in 30 minutes. Hope it works as well for you.

Ask a Question