Kohler Supply line Specials

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if Kohler uses proprietary fittings on there supply lines ?For the past three days I have been fighting this leak on my sink and cannot find the correct hose for the water supply to my K10412 Forte style kitchen faucet. It looks like the typical mushroom shaped bead inside the swivel nut, but there is not a rubber washer or O ring. The other end (at the faucet) is also different than the typical supply hose. It has a straight 5/16 diameter that steps down to about 1/4 inch od non threaded. Once again , no rubber seals anywhere,
Two people sold me two different washers and plastic sleeves and another expert said they don't come with any sort of gasket, its metal to metal.No one had replacement hoses. All three fixes still leaked. A forth guy said he went through the same thing I'm going thru and wound up buying a whole new faucet. I don't want that and need some solid facts. Please tell me I'm not that bad a handyman.

Ask a Question