Inner Skykight Curb

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a window or roof question. Anyway, I am going to install .....replace really.......a 35 year old skykight with the newer version of the original Velux unit. Here's my question. The finished angled opening, shaft into the kitchen, is a bit smaller than the old unit. Way too much effort to redo the shaft so I am thinking of making the new curb an inch or two thicker than just 2 by 4 s. And then lining it with PVC so its not wood and not requiring any maintenance. Per the spec sheet The inner curb is 22.5 in and my opening is about 18 in. So a couple of inches on each side would get the inner curb just about right. The length is not an issue. Any thoughts or ideas? The outer dimensions obviously can't be changed but would there be any problems adding to the insides? Any ideas other than PVC? II like the white and no maintenance

Ask a Question