I don't know if and how I can have TV and internet

Reaction score
Hi my daughter has moved into a flat, she is not allowed to have any cable tv or internet installed because she is not allowed to have any cables/wires drilled into the building. She has basic freeview but she wants to have more tv channels and she needs internet as she is studying at home online, does anyone have any idea's what she could get installed to help with this. I have added a photo of the tv points she has in the lounge, one is for satellite but I don't understand how this all works! Could she have more tv channels and internet with just these tv points, if yes please explain what I need to do as I really don't understand it all. Thanks.

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think those are aerial sockets and satellite sockets. I do not know if those satellite sockets are connected up to a working sky or freesat satellite dish. If they are then it may be possible to get more channels by satellite - I’m not an expert I’d start by asking the landlord if they know if there is a satellite dish and if it’s for Sky.

i don’t think any of those sockets are likely to provide internet, for that you generally need a phone socket or cable socket. I’d look for Phone sockets for a fixed/normal phone line if you have one then generally you can get a type of internet called adsl from a number of companies running over that phone line.

Reaction score
Hi all, many thans for all your replies, we ended up buying something from the Three shop that allows her to watch what she needs, plus we also got a Now tv box.

Ask a Question