Fluorescent fixtures don't work

Reaction score
I have 3 Fluorescent fixtures. I know the outlets are good because I tested them. 2 of them don't work at all. They are all 2 bulb 4' fixtures. One I got about a year ago but rarely used. Only one bulb works and both bulbs are new. All the bulbs are 1.5" in diameter. Why are they not working I do not want to change to LED lights since I have 10 more bulbs besides the ones in the fixtures. Thanks.

Reaction score
I have 3 Fluorescent fixtures. I know the outlets are good because I tested them. 2 of them don't work at all. They are all 2 bulb 4' fixtures. One I got about a year ago but rarely used. Only one bulb works and both bulbs are new. All the bulbs are 1.5" in diameter. Why are they not working I do not want to change to LED lights since I have 10 more bulbs besides the ones in the fixtures. Thanks.
Do you mean they are 4ft fluorescent tubes?
Do they have starters?
If so, try changing them.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

The only problems I've had with strip lights has been due to the starter which is an easy replacement so as Doghouse has already suggested I'd try changing the starter first. There are plenty of videos on YouTube here's an example;

Electricity can and will kill so ENSURE SUPPLY IS SWITCHED OFF.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question