How would you fix this? (Water going into basement)

Reaction score
Country
United States
We recently purchased this house and the previous occupants fancied themselves quite handy, They are not.

The entire basement was leaky so we, and professionals, sealed it up and now it’s perfectly dry except for this corner. Those pipes you see, literally go nowhere and do nothing. They are capped off on the other end. There’s no window.

So I grabbed a hose and some handhelds and pinpointed where the water was getting in.

Gutters aren’t part of the equation. The water flows from the deck toward that corner and pours into the gaps you see. If you look closely you can see the quikdam diverting water and that’s how I know where the water is entering. (Or not entering with the dam in place)

I could divert the water by creating a barrier diverting the water, but that’s not the answer.

If applicable, I’d like to lay a cement slab covering that entire wall and corner, sloping away from the house, or if there’s a better suggestion to fill up that entire gap and make it look good as well, I’d love to hear it please. (see pic 2)

thanks for reading.

DF5D4170-346E-4810-A451-24B8B7F1C27F.jpeg
70A58820-0A69-4C0B-A0A0-823A6F169749.jpeg

Ask a Question