How to wire up a outside light with power taken from ceiling rose.

Reaction score
Can anyone please help me? I cant work out how to wire up a outside light with power taken from ceiling rose.

I have an Live, Neutral & earth running in 1mm twin & earth cable from the downstairs lighting cable coming from the consumer unit.

I have an outsdie light mounted in a porch that has a live, neutral & earth connection.

I have an available switch gang on the wall inside the house. I have run 1mm twin & earth cable from both the junction box that I inserted into the lighting cable coming from the consumer unit and also I have run 1mm twin & earth cable from the light with connections made to the L, N & Earth on the outside light.

My Problem is that I don't know the correct configuration of wires for connecting these 2 Neutral wires, 2 Lives ( the 2 earths i know earth to the back box) into the switch which has L1, L2 & common Live.
Please Help. Cheers Thanks,

Ask a Question