How to increase boiler pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my combi boiler I can't quite figure out how to increase the pressure. My pipes look slightly different to all of the tutorials I've looked at. Please find attached photo of pipes underneath boiler. It is a ProCombi Exclusive combi boiler. Any idea which ones I need to open to increase my pressure?

The top four tabs go: black, yellow, blue, black, then there's two black tabs below the top row.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome.
Combis can be piped up in a number of different ways. Some have a plastic key you insert in a valve.

But I'll give you my two penn'poth from what I can see.
Trace the flexible pipe with the black tap in the bottom of the photo, if it's the correct one. which it is difficult to see, there should be a matching black tap at the other end. If not it's probably the other black tap near the gauge.
Open the bottom tap and watch the pressure gauge in the top corner of the picture while you open the second tap. The system should start to fill, turn off the top tap when the needle reaches around 1.5 bar, then close the bottom tap.

Then go and bleed all your radiators including the towel rail (if you have one) in the bathroom. Then check the pressure again and add more water if necessary. You need to check the pressure every couple of months to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Diamond! Thank you so much that worked a treat! It was the bottom two black tabs.

Ask a Question