How to disassemble those eardefenders (headphones) for DIY project?

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I got those eardefenders (or headphones) few days ago and I thought the shell has 2 parts but I was wrong. I am struggling to disassemble the sides of the eardefenders as I tried using a basic kitchen knife but no success. Does anyone know if there is a special instrument or anything specific to disassemble (or cut) the sides of those eardefenders for DIY project - binaural microphone (if anyone wonders or ask). I attached files (pictures of the eardefenders and where I need to cut). Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :)

Attachments

Reaction score
I think your only option is to go to a hobby / craft store and buy an Xacto type of saw. They are relatively cheap and do a good job making a clean cut. Most plastic items today are heat sealed and not meant to be opened.

Reaction score
As "silentrunning" above, these things tend to be a heat sealed unit and not [easily] dismantled without almost destroying them.

There are several ear defenders on the market, that actually have a mic on the external and either one or two small loudspeakers built in internally with a single Off / on and volume control on one of the sides of the defender.

They are used in shooting ranges and shooting ranges where you can keel the defenders in position but switch on or off the mic + speaker because of the make up - the need to lever in the "electronics" are or tend to be easier to get apart.

Ken.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Are those safety ear protection? Don't destroy those?! Those are subsidized and are for safety.

Reaction score
Country
United States
And if you have a friend who wants to watch you cut off some steal with a cut-off saw, exactly what ear protection will they wear?

Ask a Question