How do i make a pivot to install independent framed glass inside window frame?

Reaction score
I found 2 old pieces of framed glass in a thrift store that i want to attach to the inside of window frame and hoping you can add to or suggest an other idea. I was originally thinking the simplest thing to do would be to hang the glass but @ second thought the chains would clash and get in the way of the drapery rod that will be going up.

2nd idea: Making the glass swivel left and right inside of window sill might be cool but not sure how to go about that. The wood frame of the glass is just under 3/4” and the total clearance space from top of framed glass and inside of window is 3/8”.

3rd idea: some sort of slide bolt mechanism that I slide the top and bottom of window into.

I had thought of putting hinges on them but the old wood is so pristine, hate to put so many holes in it.

Attached photos: 1st is crude drawing of how window is to look. 2nd photo is of one of the framed glass pieces precariously sitting on sill. 3rd is of the framed glass. I also plan to build a hinged sill to widen the sill space for plants.

Your help or suggestions greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Last edited:

Ask a Question