Hi from Carole new member

Reaction score
Hi Colin, Thank you. I have a lot of interest's that come and go as they do. I like fishing and photography but have no time for either at the moment, I also have an interest in politics but today it is my new house and how to make it into a home (I love DIY)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Good luck Carole; fishing and photography can be put on hold but politics really should be put in a skip? :)

If you end up hooked on DIY then you'll find lots to do around your new home; Bron and I have been working on; in and under our bungalow for the last 31 years it now finally completed and the gardens are coming along nicely.

Have you got a workshop or spare room to carry out workshop activities and have you got some decent kit to play with. These days with YouTube videos and Internet forums advice is readily available; if you tackle anything may I please suggest you spend time to see if it can be improved in any way to suit you and do lots of research up front; we've done lots of things here and when seen by friends and visitors they've said what a good idea and then copied us. Take your time and buy the best materials you can afford after all you're saving a lot of money doing the work yourself. I always find the hardest part of any project is making a start. :D

The members on here are a great bunch who are happy to help.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Yes we have plenty of space and I think we have got all the tools we need but I do have a problem that I have posted on but no one seems to be interested?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please don't despair Carole. :)

I spend a lot of time on this forum but even so don't read every thread or post as I'm sure other members do the same; I was alerted though by email so had a nosy and have just added a reply to your floor musty smell problem; I tend to spend a lot of time on forums during our nine month long winters but in our three months bad weather actually get off my backside. I'm retired and there aren't enough hours in a day.

It's possible members don't reply to certain questions because they simply can't help; hopefully the forum will attract many new members and each member has skills to share. Good luck with your problem and by the time you've read my reply the smell might have gone.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Howdy Carole, welcome aboard :).

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thank you Colin, Nine month long winter! were are you the north pole BRRrrrr!
Not the North pole Carole but West Yorkshire where winter seems to last most of the year but last year was a true exception; we enjoyed a long summer and so far this year it's been pretty good; it's making up for the many years of cancelled summers; only a dusting of snow this year due to us spending £600 on Michelin Cross Climate tyres; had we not bought the tyres our neighbour would have been clearing snow with his JCB bucket.

Kind regards, Colin.

Yorkshire summer.JPG

2pm mid summer in Yorkshire needing a floodlight in order to work on our front room.

Ask a Question