Help with Vaillant turboMAX needed

Reaction score
I have this said Vaillant turboMAX CH and HW device, about 7 years old.

During the past year, it has developed a random fault, while the CH is on: the green (warmstart) light keeps flashing, a nasty background noise is noticeable, but the yellow light does not turn on, the radiators get cold and there is no hot water. It unfortunately happens mostly during the night, so that in the morning the house is freezing.

The problem is easy to fix each instant, enough to press the reset button and it all gets back to normal. ONLY that my gas usage has TRIPLED during this period, with no plausible explanation and the fault is annoying enough. Don't know if there is a connection between the two and have no gas fitting or plumbing knowledge at all.

Two successive teams of gas fitters have agreed that there is no gas leak to explain the usage and none was able to fix the random fault. Because I am at the other end of the world (Kiwiland), please help with an idea or something that I might pass on to the respective tradesmen to start with... Thank you!

Ask a Question