Hello from Norway

Reaction score
Hello, I'm and old DIYer from Norway. I've lately been a little low on carpenting, but I'm now in the process of finish a new workshop in my new garage. It'll be great to finish off several woodworking pojects in waiting.

In my work life I'm an electronics engineer, doing R&D in a company making fire alarm panels. I like to do electronics as a hobby too, and I'm also into chip carving, figure carving and knife making. I'm a member of the local Handicraft Association, in the chip carving group.

With the new workshop I intend to do more types of woodworking and maybe start into turning, if there is space enough.(It's a small workshop :) )

That future could be closer than I like, since my department is closing down in Norway, and no new job in sight so far.

As several of the other here, I'm also a leakage from the Electronics Point forum.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi gorgon, good to see you over here :).

I'd be really interested in seeing pics of your workshop! I'm thinking about converting my garage in to a workshop later on in the year, so could do with ideas - at the moment I'm using an old desk for most of my work, but I could really do with a proper setup. First of all, I need to get rid of a ton of sand that is sitting in a bag taking up space!

Reaction score
Hi Ian, thanks for the welcome.

I'll post some pics when I'm finished with the workshop. It is a very small workshop only 3 x3.15m, but the garage outside is adding 40m2. So for large footprint projects, I can move out in the garage and leave the cars outside, for a short time at least. That's why I need to think through all equipment and the storage footprint they use, including mobility, and I need to get rid of that 'nice to have' virus that pop up sometimes. :eek:

The workshop is insulated for winter use, with a thermostat controlled floor heating, to make it frost free all winter. Looking forward to use some quality time out there in the darkest time of the year. :cool:

Have you been making and pouring concrete, with all the sand left? If so, you could produce some garden urnes for sale, or maybe some garden gnomes in concrete? :rolleyes:
Good luck with your sand project.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Excellent, I look forward to it!

Have you been making and pouring concrete, with all the sand left? If so, you could produce some garden urnes for sale, or maybe some garden gnomes in concrete? :rolleyes:
Good luck with your sand project.
So far I've just been using a little at a time for gardening :). I may need a little more for knocking up some mortar repairs, but I think I'm going to stick the rest on "freecycle" for someone to collect and make better use of. I'll just be glad to have the space back. It was left over from some re-pointing work on the garden paving, but the builder over-ordered by a factor of 10 :eek:. Stupidly, I thought I could make use of it!

Ask a Question