Hello all!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello!

I am new to the DIY forum community, but definitely not new to DIY or online Foums in general. I used to be very active on several Mobile Audio (Car Audio) and Automotive Forums in the past. Some years have passed and life has progressed and my projects have gone from mobile audio design, construction, and competition, to home improvement and family oriented projects!

Me and my (soon to be) Wife live just south of Minneapolis, MN. We bought our first house down here in early 2018 and it has been such a fun (and expensive) adventure fixing up and turning this house into our home!

I have heavy knowledge and experience in mobile electronics and 12v electrical systems in general, as well as a good working knowledge of 120v home wiring and circuits. I have also been working with wood and building/crafting everything from coffee mug holders and picture frames as Christmas presents, to end tables, desks, massive speaker boxes, and the 12' x 14' deck I built onto our new house this last fall. Wood working is where I like to spend my time when it comes to crafting and building, but I definitely dont hesitate to work with any other materials like metal or stone if the opportunity arises.. any reason to buy a new tool or three and learn something.

Like I said, I am new to this here forum but I cannot wait to get going, meet some good people, and hopefully share some fun projects and maybe even learn a thing or two! :)

-Jeremy B.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @JeremyB! Welcome to the forums :). It sounds like you're going to fit right in here with interests like that!

There are lots of members here that also like woodwork. I'd be really interested to see some photos of the projects you've worked on :D.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi @JeremyB! Welcome to the forums :). It sounds like you're going to fit right in here with interests like that!

There are lots of members here that also like woodwork. I'd be really interested to see some photos of the projects you've worked on :D.
Hey Ian,

Thanks, I cant wait to get posting some of my projects. I'll have to consolidate some pics and find time lol.

Posting project/build logs is the main reason I'm coming back into the forum world, actually. I really missed taking pictures and writing/posting descriptions and have discussions about my projects. Cant wait to get back into it!

Here's a little teaser of the deck I just finished up this spring though. I'll be sure to post up a full guild log on that one, lots of fun and lots of pics!

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum Jeremy. I think that is the best introduction I have ever read. If you want some great projects to look at look up @Doghouse Riley and @Retired posts. Some of their projects will blow you away.
Hey Silent, (if I can call you that lol)

Thanks! I will be sure to check out there build logs. Always looking for new ideas for projects!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Welcome to the forum from me too Jeremy.

Thanks for your kind reference Doug, very much appreciated. I'm so up to my neck in work I've not managed to spend time on here; I'm a member of other forums too; I'm working the standard retirement 48 hour days and still not enough hours; I was out early this morning cutting back/trimming our 60' long hedge of mostly laurels; time once more to get off my backside and stop being lazy; 15 minutes to have a mug of tea really isn't on.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

Welcome to the forum from me too Jeremy.

Thanks for your kind reference Doug, very much appreciated. I'm so up to my neck in work I've not managed to spend time on here; I'm a member of other forums too; I'm working the standard retirement 48 hour days and still not enough hours; I was out early this morning cutting back/trimming our 60' long hedge of mostly laurels; time once more to get off my backside and stop being lazy; 15 minutes to have a mug of tea really isn't on.

Kind regards, Colin.
Thanks for the reply, my Retired friend! Lol

I am very busy with my new job in the IT field so I do not have too much time to post. But I'm sure from time to time I will dump a bunch of pictures and what jot for you guys.

Looking forward to seeing some of your work!

Ask a Question