Heating only boiler ... or is it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here’s a puzzler I can’t get my head around.

I’ve a heating only gas boiler, in a small apartment, which I’ve got Controlled with a Tado system that I manage in my iPhone. All is good. My hot water via a big electric immersion tank All separate.....

I‘ve electronically turned off the heating In April as it’s been warm enough now not to bother, but I still hear the boiler fire up for short period for reasons I don’t know. So, I physically turned it off on Sunday on the front panel a few days ago as I believed It was keeping the gas bill high.

i have a slight known problem with my seperate Hot water system as the Honeywell Control valve doesn’t open by itself So I have to push the spring loaded metal lever which then starts heating the water up for as long as it’s open. Two or three hours, and I’ve a hot tank which lasts me a few days.

I was beginning to run out of hot water this morning, so opened said lever to start the hot water so when I got home, it will be more than complete, however,it’s not. It’s running barely lukewarm, like it’s not been done.

A coincidence that it’s failed to heat up after I turned the gas boiler off At the weekend....

im used to a combi boiler house so this heating only malarkey is new to me.

Ask a Question