Genie Garage Door Sensor Problems

Reaction score
Hello, I'm having an annoying issue with my Genie garage door sensors that I'm hoping someone will give me some good leads on how to try and fix it.

My sensors are working fine except in the middle of the day here in Arizona. In the morning until about 1pm they work fine. In the evening from ~5pm onward they work fine. But from 1-5pm they do not work - the door will go up but will not come back down without the sensors "breaking".

At approximately 1pm, the sun has come around to shine directly in the garage and possibly is breaking or blinding the sensor beam in the center. This is my best guess. I tried building little cardboard flaps to shield the sun from "blinding" the ends of the sensors and that did not work, so something is happening in the center of the beam.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Or is there an easy way I can bypass the sensor during midday so I don't have to manually close the garage?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Gina

Ask a Question