Framing My Basement - Studs Against Concrete

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I finished framing my basement but I realized I made a grave error. My vertical wall studs are directly against the concrete foundation wall. I didn’t leave a gap or put plastic/foam between the stud wall and concrete. Didn’t realize moisture was an issue on the walls, I thought it was just a floor problem. Duh.

The one thing I did right was use a pressure treated sill plate. I’ve been having a mild heart attack while trying to figure out the easiest way to fix my problem. I don’t want to sawzall all my walls and remove their concrete anchors. So here is the solution my wife came up with. Will this solve my moisture problem? It’s relatively easy to do on each stud -

Individually wrapping plastic around the back of each stud and staple gunning it down. The concrete is not touching the wood at all now and the plastic isn’t covering the entire concrete wall so there should still be air flow.

Please say this works... lol

Thanks!

Attachments

Ask a Question