Basement Framing

Reaction score
I have a new house build back split or multilevel. I ended up with a ledge because the also framed the buttom half where the concrete is which is the foundation. My question is I don't want to have the ledge around the whole basement, and would like to have one straight wall. The top of the wall is abour 3 inches in of the buttom, I have checked the leveling and it's pretty good on the button half. Now I was thinking of cutting our 2x3 and level the top to the buttom. Is this the best way of doing it? Some framers are telling me it's better to run another wall un top of that but I don't get why I have to do that when the walls seem to be pretty straight.

Reaction score
I just build house with two floor and i have makes basement with steel frame so please its looks really well and work according to my requirement.

Reaction score
Lay 2x4 flat on the top half. Use tap cons to screw to the concrete block and than add . Than another 2x4 on the flat on top of the secured 2x4. Screw the
Together and u got urself a 3 inch build out. Rock it tape it paint it.

Ask a Question