Fluorescent anglepoise lamp - plug broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an anglepoise lamp with a fluorescent bulb. The 3 pin plug (marked Power Supply BL1/240 for PL Lamps) has disintegrated. Can I replace it?

Reaction score
I have an anglepoise lamp with a fluorescent bulb. The 3 pin plug (marked Power Supply BL1/240 for PL Lamps) has disintegrated. Can I replace it?
Hi and welcome.

If it's just a straightforward plug that you plug into the mains, you can just put a new one on, a 3amp fuse should be enough. #

But if it is a plug/adapter, (like you get with many led fairy lights) you need to get a replacement with the same values. It should tell you on the bottom of the lamp or on the plu/adapter, what it's rated at.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It is a plug adapter that goes straight into the mains with no connectors in between but I have no idea where to get one. I have looked online but can’t find anything similar - only plugs that look nothing like it & take a separate lead.

Reaction score
It is a plug adapter that goes straight into the mains with no connectors in between but I have no idea where to get one. I have looked online but can’t find anything similar - only plugs that look nothing like it & take a separate lead.
If you can't find the rating information on the broken plug, what does it say on the fluorescent bulb?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a similar problem once - physical damage to the wall-wart ballast for a desk light like that.

Couldn't find a replacement.

Bought an empty wall-wart case, too much faff to transfer the innards because of how they were mounted and connected to the pins in the old one.

Thought about transferring the innards to a small box with a flying lead, decided that was too much faff as well.

Chucked it and bought a new desk light.

Ask a Question