Dryer connection question

Reaction score
Hi,
Pulled my electric dryer out because it was not drying my clothes. Looks like there is a major crink in metal connection blowing lint inwards rather than out, which looks pretty easy to remedy. My concern is that yellow line that looks like gas line. Just want to confirm that the end of line is fine the way it is.
Thanks!

Attachments

Reaction score
Assuming it is, don't smell or hear anything and i am certainly not going to experiment with the valve!

Reaction score
Yeah it's fine if there is a readily accessible valve to shut it off and it's in the off position. I would still use a cap on the end of it till it gets hooked back to the dryer

Reaction score
If it's a gas dryer than the yellow pipe had to connect to the dryer, then valve on, and a new vent connection should be good

Reaction score
This is best pic I could take right now of gas valve, looks off, right? Dryer is next to back door with washer next to it. Will have to pull both units out tomorrow for better look.

Attachments

Reaction score
Yes it's off, if it wasn't it smells bad you would have known already...lol.

Reaction score
Hey thanks Woodsy for your help last Thursday! Agree, would have known if not turned off. :) Quick search showed me correct valve shut off position should be perpendicular to gas line, which it was. Fun maneuvering around other appliances to install replacement duct, but got it done.

Ask a Question