Door window replacement puzzle

Reaction score
Hello
A mowing accident shattered the oval shaped exterior glass on a 2007 Worldwide fiberglass front door.
Local Acme glass folks came out and were puzzled as to HOW to remove and replace a new pane. I’ve attached a picture of the window. They were looking for screw holes that held the frame, but there are none. No seals were found and while they suspected the frame may have been “popped in” they couldn’t find any seams after poking and probing.
Wondering if anyone has any suggestions, other than buying a new door. I only submitted the broken window pic, but it is a double door with two windows like once shown. Many thanks for any tips.

Attachments

Reaction score
It appears from your picture that there is a raised trim around the window I suspect they're probably screws in that trim which have been hidden with a filler of some kind I would try and see if there are any spots around that trim that are softer than the rest of the trim that might be where your screws are

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back. The local glass replacement folks did just that. They showed me windows in rear of my house that had screws with filler and paint. There are none on this window. Someone suggested that perphaps it “popped” in somehow, but unable to discern any indication. I did write the manufacturer, but they’ve not replied, perhaps because I’m just a residential owner and not a commercial supplier.
Odd

Reaction score
Have you found a solution yet? It's fixed glass so may be covered by insurance - if it's not possible to repair, then you can probably replace the whole door. If your building & contents are with the same insurers, they won't want your home to be vulnerable to burglary.

Ask a Question