Dishwasher top spray arm not spinning

Reaction score
Hi, I have an Indesit DI 620 and although water is coming of the top spray arm and the holes aren't blocked, it does not rotate under pressure and the top basket doesn't clean properly. I have recently replaced the top spray arm nut and seal as this was frayed and hoped that this would increase the flow of water as I am assuming that the arm rotates under pressure

Reaction score
Additional info... had a look in the 'water supply distribution assembly' and there is a small ball inside which I'm assuming regulates the water flow through into the upper spray arm. As I am getting water rhough the upper spray arm this must be working but is it stopping too much of the water getting through? Any suggestions???

Reaction score
Rusho,

I take it you have removed the arm and totally rinsed it out? I had this problem and it turned out I had grains of rice in there! Under pressure, they would block the holes, but after I removed the arm I couldn't see them!!

Foxed me for a few mins that did!

Reaction score
The water inlet valve inside the dishwasher got dirty and blocked somehow. You may need to replace the water valve with a newer one.

Ask a Question