Curtains glue question

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Dear all,

A year or so ago, I glued a couple of leroy merlin curtains sets on my windows. For what I presume is the terrible heat wave we are experiencing in Italy at this moment, they came unglued and fell off. I'm not sure how to proceed, since re-glueing them would probably lead to similar results down the line. Woud love to read some suggestions.

Thank you for your time!

Federico

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi and welcome.

We have two similar Roman blinds in one of our bedrooms.

A baton is screwed to the top of the frame
Stapled to it is a strip of Velcro.

P1030138.JPG

Stitched to the top of the curtain is another strip of Velcro.

P1030139.JPG

The arrangement is strong enough to support the weight of the curtains and pulling on the cord. They've been up for over ten years. It's easy enough to take them off and put them back if the cord needs replacing

It's not too clear in your photos., but I'd suggest you get a piece of wood, or PVC moulding, say 1" X 1/2" the width of the actual glass and staple some Velcro to it (don't just rely on the adhesive on the back of the Velcro, as you could have the same problem again) and then screw it to the underside of the frame. Don't bother to scrape off the glue from the frame if the wood/plastic hides all of it. Then find some way of attaching Velcro to the top of the curtain, you may need a matching piece of timber or plastic.

I don't see it as too much of a problem

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi and welcome.

We have two similar Roman blinds in one of our bedrooms.

A baton is screwed to the top of the frame
Stapled to it is a strip of Velcro.

View attachment 2323

Stitched to the top of the curtain is another strip of Velcro.

View attachment 2324

The arrangement is strong enough to support the weight of the curtains and pulling on the cord. They've been up for over ten years. It's easy enough to take them off and put them back if the cord needs replacing

It's not too clear in your photos., but I'd suggest you get a piece of wood, or PVC moulding, say 1" X 1/2" the width of the actual glass and staple some Velcro to it (don't just rely on the adhesive on the back of the Velcro, as you could have the same problem again) and then screw it to the underside of the frame. Don't bother to scrape off the glue from the frame if the wood/plastic hides all of it. Then find some way of attaching Velcro to the top of the curtain, you may need a matching piece of timber or plastic.

I don't see it as too much of a problem
Thank you, for your suggestion, I'll keep it in mind!

Ask a Question