Cracks repair

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I need some advice on how to repair large and small cracks on a knockdown or tyrolean finish. Can I repair the small cracks with an acrylic filler and then apply a general purpose crack filler (gypsum based) over it to get the texture right? The large cracks I want to fill with polyurethane then render (cement plaster/stucco) over it and use a tyrolean machine to finish then knock down slightly. Will this work? Please help.

Attachments

Reaction score
Let’s look at what you have here. Remember, I am going by a picture and can’t see it as good as you. It appears as though the surface has been repaired before. It also appears that the present coating may be separating from the base material. I would first try to find out the cause of the defect. It could be as easy as poor preparation in the first place or as bad as moisture intrusion in the wall. I would start by removing any loose material to see what is going on with the wall. If you want a permanent repair don’t just cover the cracks. Keep us posted on what you find.

Ask a Question