Closet Door Roller Size question?

Reaction score
I have a house that was built in 1961 ... I think it still has the original sliding door tracks on the closets, but the doors are gone.

I bought a sliding door hanging kit with 4 wheels from home depot (item # 204759859) but the wheels were too big. I measured the wheels and they are 7/8" ... would anyone know what size I would need for tracks from a house built in '61 and where I would get them?

The sliding door kits I see online don't display the size of the wheel!!

Reaction score
Since you already have the kit, I would remove the old track and replace it with a new one that fits the kit. With everything new and matched up you should never have to worry about it again.

Reaction score
Since you already have the kit, I would remove the old track and replace it with a new one that fits the kit. With everything new and matched up you should never have to worry about it again.
I only bought the wheels -- not the whole kit with the track.
I found a 3/4 inch wheel on Amazon ... if that doesn't work out, I'll just end up having to buy the whole kit with the track. Thanks for your response!

Ask a Question