Click-fit engineered wood floor question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. Newbie here hoping for some advice from anyone that knows a bit about wooden floors!

I have a click fit engineered wood floor in one room. I'd now like to lay a similar floor in the hall and another room. The floor in the room that is already laid would join directly to the new floor in the hall so I want to use the same click system. I went back to the shop I bought the original floor three years ago but they say they no longer stock many floors from that supplier. The exact same finish is not available and the choice of alternatives is limited.

My questions are:
Does every manufacturer have their own, mutually incompatible system or are there a number of standards?
Is there a way to identify the system and search for alternative suppliers?

I've attached a couple of pics of the click fittings in case that helps.

Many thanks Tony

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi and welcome Tony.

Your best is to actually take a piece of the flooring to a speclist flooring supplier and "ask for some expert advice," most counter service people respond well to that.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and welcome Tony.

Your best is to actually take a piece of the flooring to a speclist flooring supplier and "ask for some expert advice," most counter service people respond well to that.
Thanks very much that sounds like a good plan. Would you be able to suggest a good place? I'm in London.

Ask a Question