Cladding on awkward shaped bathroom ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have put splash wall around the shower enclosure and now we want to fit PVC cladding to the roof.However, I don't think this is going to be a simple task as the roof is sloping and not perfectly flat. I have attached some pictures as you can see there is a not too smooth curve above the shower and in various other areas. My wife wants the planks to run in the direction from floor to roof which is going to be a problem as I believe there is very little bend across the planks width to accommodate the curves in the ceiling Do you think attaching battens would solve this?
Cheers
Dave

Attachments

Reaction score
There must be some plastic cladding available in a simulated wood effect. That would more likely to be bendable than wood.

If it's a tight bend, you can shape it with a hot air gun, if you don't get it to close to the heat.

I did that with Swish curtain track. These have a 30 degree bend followed by 90 degree bends.

P1020186.JPG

P1020185.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The cladding is the hollow pvc type and not sure it will bend if heated. I have heard it can be cut at the back down the length. The ceiling is a horrible shape for cladding. All the videos demonstrate fixing to a nice square shape

Ask a Question