Chemical breaking

Reaction score
Hello, just joined and have not yet read all past posts. I have spent the morning trolling thru site after site looking for a chemical breaker to enable me to remove a slab used as a hardstanding for 2 cars. I would like to do it without to much noise and dust, thinking of my neighbours and the enviroment. I know that it exists, Dexpan, Bristar to name a couple but trying to find it in the UK is almost impossible. I phoned a couple of local builders merchants who didn`t know such a thing existed and eventually phoned BASF-CC who supply Bristar, they gave me a number for a local construction company who could order it from them. Dexpan on their website quote $35 for a 11LB tub, i have just been quoted £132.57 for 5kg of Bristar.
Why is this not more readily available, why do we have to pay thru the nose for things in the UK, is there something i don`t know, it seems to me to be the best way to do the job.

Ask a Question