Ceiling lights in series

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Folks, whilst I find most DIY jobs relatively straight-forward, domestic electrics I struggle with. I thought that it would be relatively easy to instal a set of lights in my workshop. After isolating the consumer unit, I ran my 3 core cable into my switch and then onto my three lights in what I to think is called series. At each light I simply joined each wire together to the corresponding colour on each light, as per my diagram. The system does not work. Please can somebody tell me the correct wiring? Thanks in advance, Ron

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Folks, whilst I find most DIY jobs relatively straight-forward, domestic electrics I struggle with. I thought that it would be relatively easy to instal a set of lights in my workshop. After isolating the consumer unit, I ran my 3 core cable into my switch and then onto my three lights in what I to think is called series. At each light I simply joined each wire together to the corresponding colour on each light, as per my diagram. The system does not work. Please can somebody tell me the correct wiring? Thanks in advance, Ron
Issue now resolved

Ask a Question